Are you passionate about data storytelling? Do you care about sustainability and quality? At Nespresso, we place people, coffee and sustainable living at the heart of all we do; inspiring an engaging and meaningful place to work.
We are seeking a Business Analytics Specialist to join our retail team at our NYC Herald Square Office. This position is responsible for supporting, analyzing and reporting on the performance of our retail channel.
It takes ALL of us to do what we do, but it’s the insights, data and subject matter expertise that you develop that helps our teams drive the overall business strategy for the Nespresso retail brand.
You will have the opportunity to support business growth and strategy of the retail channel through data, analytics, and business insights. Working cross-functionally with our retail operations, finance, HR, development, marketing and retail field teams, you will collaborate to identify opportunities that will help drive short and long term business performance. We are looking for an out of the box thinker to help grow and redefine the business! So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the team?
Join the Nespresso team where the taste of something better awaits you!
A Day in the Life:
• Prepare weekly and monthly reporting to support retail business operations
• Review business trends looking for opportunities and summarize those findings to the retail team.
• Collect, organize and submit the quarterly incentive metrics for the employee incentive plan
• Support business forecasting including product launch strategy, month-close initiatives, promotional cadence, and overall retail performance.
• In partnership with our insights team, conduct external industry trend research to inform future predictions
• Assist with the 6-month roadmap for the retail channel to drive success
• Assist in the budgeting process. Coordinate with retail team to ensure timely and accurate budget submissions.
• Maintain a budget tracker throughout the year to ensure teams are on track to achieve plans
• Distill data into actionable insights, build business cases and synthesis data into presentations for various internal customers
• Monitor and understand the return on investment of specific initiatives and conduct detailed assessments of initiatives
• Ad hoc projects that seek to drive retail success. These include, but are not limited to, store deep dives, bonus reporting and crafting sales tools to assist management teams.
• Meet with business stakeholders to get pulse on business and understand needs.
• Maintain strong working relationships with internal departments to collaborate on cross-functional projects (example — supply chain allocations for product launches)
• Assist with business planning through idea generation, out of the box thinking and innovative contributions
Benefits and Perks:
• Annual Bonus
• Full Medical Benefits- Health, Vision, Dental
• Transit Assistance
• Paid Vacation Time
• Seamless Lunch Allowance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401-K Savings Match
• Free Nespresso machines and coffee allowance
Winning Skill Sets:
• Bachelor’s degree, required
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience required of business analytics with the ability to turn trends into insights
• Retail experience preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate complex issues and collaborate with internal and external business partners
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel proficiency required (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.), advanced proficiency required
• Experience putting together data and consumer insights-driven business plans, including revenue forecasts, as part of a business strategy team is highly desirable
• Experience using PowerBI preferred.
• Self-starter with a problem solving attitude who is able to find issues/opportunities and determined to seek solutions
• Excellent organizational, listening, interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team and to take initiative.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
Learn more about us:
www.nespresso.com and www.nespressojobs.com
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.