Are you passionate about working in supply chain? Do you care about sustainability and quality? At Nespresso we place people, coffee and sustainable living at the heart of what we do, inspiring an engaging and meaningful place to work.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Systems Specialist to join our team based
in our NYC office. The role will focus on maintaining Supply Chain systems setups for order allocation and carrier selection. It is Responsible for collecting business requirements for enhancements in legacy systems and identification of new technologies.
A Day in the life:
•Create, maintain a central repository of all the business rules and systems setup.
• Define, update a governance around systems setup in collaboration with Internal Systems Support from Third Party Logistics.
• Create workflow, ticketing systems and maintain logs for change requests.
• Support transportation analyst with simulations, tests of setup changes to verify solutions to opportunities identified for cost savings.
• Contribute to delivery services projects to streamlined IS processes and enhanced customer experience end-to-end from ordering to tracking and delivery.
• Maintain systems setup aligned with Supply Chain Operations and 3PL (pick-up schedule, delivery promise).
• Maintain alignment of contractual conditions (rates, accessorial charges) for rates shopping with freight auditing 3rd Party and freight/last mile providers.
• Act as a Business Partner Supply Chain to gather requirements from the business.
• Present market requirements and validate business blueprint for solutions designed by Nespresso HQ.
• Co-lead cross-functional project groups with Nespresso HQ and local IS/IT, project manage market’s implementation or migration to new solutions.
• Identify external new technologies for market needs to support the growth of the business.
• Partner with the business to get new ideas approved through Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
• Contribute to technology solutions assessments and tender projects.
• For Third Party Logistics projects targeting Nespresso Supply Chain Operations: connect partners, scope/document requirements, validate solutions for developments and through testing, measure impact and adjust.
• Contribute to any adhoc and special supply chain projects (any role possible from project lead to project team members).
• Support Nespresso Supply Chain Operations for integration with last mile/freight and track & trace providers (API integration, data manifest, shipping labels).
• Support Customer Facing Supply Chain for any components of integration in regards to transportation for external channels (Trade eRetailers, B2B).
• Responsible and Single Person of Contact for elaboration, maintenance, periodic testing and deployment of Business Continuity Plan for shipping small parcels and freight across multi DCs and towards multi channels.
• Challenge Supply Chain operations and Third Party Logistics on application of good practices with training and operational documentation.
• Elaborate, update training material for the Supply Chain department
• Create, maintain a backup organization and a training program.
•Bachelors Degree required; preferably in Supply Chain and equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years professional experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and dealing with 3rd Party Warehousing strongly preferred
• Advanced Microsoft office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, SQL experience required
• Database management experience with ERP/ OMS/WMS /TMS required
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent administration and reporting skills
• Experience creating SOP & gathering business requirements
• Effective influencing skills. Able to influence management of strategic decisions based on data analysis and logic.
• Problem Solving Skills