Nestle Nespresso is looking for a National Account Manager to be the strategic lead for our national Hospitality & Dining (HORECA) channel of our B2B business across the U.S.
The National Account Manager will ensure the definition and execution of National Account strategies for large national hotel and restaurant chains and will do so with a close partnership. This person will set-up and implement National Account commercial and marketing plan to achieve yearly objectives (acquisition and growth) together with hospitality and dining territory managers and selected distribution partners. The National Account Manager’s main goal is to ensure profitability of National Accounts according to Nespresso targets and P&L.
As HORECA National Account Manager, this person will own national accounts partnerships, regional execution, budgets and results while developing solutions that align with customer needs.
This person can be based out of New York City, Miami or Dallas.
The National Account Manager is responsible for:
– Develop a robust pipeline of National Account opportunities that are aligned with business objectives and customer strategies to ensure sustainable National Key Account acquisition
– Build complete customer plans for potential accounts that are aligned with business objectives and customer strategies
– Understand both Direct and Indirect (through Distribution) routes-to-market, and can thus solicit, secure, launch, and drive new business successfully across both routes – Balance PRO (Nespresso B2B machines) vs Classic (B2C machines) opportunities in accordance with business objectives
– Follow Global Strategic Accounts defined by headquarters in Switzerland; communicate regularly with Global Strategic Account Manager, and supply reporting/support/feedback as requested
– Use CRM system to target, acquire and develop new accounts
– Execute customer plans for potential accounts
– Negotiate commercial agreement with new accounts
– Assist in determine relevant events and other trade marketing activities which drive new account acquisition
– Develop annual programs that will drive volume and brand presence in line with national strategies
– Delivery of net sales and profitability objectives
Customer Lifecycle Management:
– Effectively manage existing National customers, ensuring growth & compliance with distributors & territory managers
– Following the B2B strategic segments, build complete Customer Account Plan to drive the overall business and achieve profitable sales objectives
– Liaise regularly with National/Regional Managers in Hospitality & Dining and with Regional Distribution Managers in distribution to ensure development and execution of National Key Account plans together
– Execute Accounts plans to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty (training, promotions, visibility…)
– Drives execution of national account programs through national buyers and field level management group
– Ensure to maintain and grow the top 15 customers
– Leverage the call center/National Key Account Specialist team to execute volume driving and retention programs
– Build long term partnership with customers to capture new business opportunities and define tailored concepts together with trade marketing
– Ensure new large deals sustain capsule volume growth
– Use of CRM system and National Key Account tools to maintain and develop existing Accounts
Flawless Execution of Commercial Activities:
– Assist with development and management of Trade Marketing budget which pertains to NAs
– Align and execute HQ strategies and initiatives as needed to support GSA efforts, and to properly grow/drive focus business.
– Collaborate effectively with B2B colleagues and all functions (i.e. trade marketing, CRM, Call Center, Technical Quality Management, Distro, NAM Team, sustainability…) to deliver overall commercial plan and guarantee high standards of customer relationship management
Customer/Market Knowledge and Best Practices:
– Analyze and know the market, its developments and foresee future trends in collaboration with the local Marketing team
– For strategic segments, understand customers and end-consumers in order to develop actions that enable growth and expansion
– Monitor and report all competitive activities and share it with marketing
– Share know-how with the market and to HQ. (Best practice sharing)
– Cascade information collected during tradeshows, events and National Key Account meetings to the team
– Challenge areas of improvement supported by concrete action plans (best practices implementation); requests support/tools with a business case to ring the partnership
Premium Brand Values and Customer Experience:
– Ensure consistency of the Nespresso Brand and the Consumer/Customer experience in the HORECA environment.
– Ensure a professional sales experience in accordance with the Nespresso Brand Image.
– Optimize Brand Equity and visibility through the Nespresso Experience, brand exposure and product trials
– Be an ambassador of all Nespresso sustainability programs and ensure awareness and implementation of recycling and sustainability initiatives in customer environment
– Adherence to all Company principles and policies including Nestlé trade policy, local Sales policy, local Trade Terms, Safety and legal regulations
– Ensure that all commercial B2B activities are managed according to Nestlé and Nespresso business principles
– Ensure that all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated and implemented within the team
– Execute international commercial guidelines (e.g. Sales and Trade Terms, Segment & Strategic Segments guidelines, etc.).
– Coordinate with accounting to secure accurate payment from customers
– Manage all aspects of business including but not limited to budgets, travel and expense, and strategic partnerships
– Accurately forecast capsule consumption and machine purchases for market
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
-5+ years National Account experience with a proven track record of success, in the HORECA channel with C-level exposure and negotiation experience required
-Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources
-Experience in strategic planning and execution
-Experience negotiating and dealing with change management
-Experience in facilitating customer and group meetings
-Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
-Organized, reliable and resourceful professional with practical experience and understanding of sales processes
Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize under pressure and within tight budget constraint
-Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects