Nestle Nespresso is hiring a Regional Sales Manager to lead the Hospitality & Dining (HORECA) sector of our B2B business on the West Coast. This newly created position will propel the growth of Nespresso’s HORECA’s business by enabling their five direct reports to effectively sell into accounts on the city level. A strong acumen and real passion for enabling results through others and people development is vital to this role.
This person can be based out of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas or Phoenix.
The Regional Sales Manager will:
Assist in development and communication of key priorities and targets for the sales organization
* Act as a key link between the field operations and the Strategy, by coordinating and implementing the B2B strategy
* Coordinate and review the pipeline of potential customers & growth opportunities on a regular basis for efficient Sales Force Management
* Propose and handle the follow-up of the team’s specific regional actions / promotions to reach the sales targets
* Provide input for Commercial Excellence to ensure reporting is used to drive and support the business requirements/priorities
* Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding team performance
Be accountable and responsible for the achievement of agreed sales targets / key performance indicators of direct reports
* Execute all commercial guidelines (e.g. Sales and Trade Terms, HORECA guidelines, Sales Force, North America programs, etc.).
* Perform and share regular and accurate evaluation of team sales productivity (monthly, weekly, daily) and potential actions to be taken to achieve/exceed
* Support National Account execution and compliance
* Propose new Regional Account partners; drive new and existing regional business by serving as the main point of contact for regional accounts
* Challenge the sales organization to ensure its effectiveness and meet evolution of business requirements
* Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
* Support strategic partnerships and tradeshows/events to improve return on investment and brand awareness
* Ensure effective cross functional collaboration with B2B peers to achieve overall objectives achievement and ensure customer satisfaction
Lead the team to achieve / exceed business targets
* In order to develop high performing teams and in alignment with the People process cycle:
* Create alignment, lead by example, promote an open culture and our values in a balanced way
* Select talent: recruit and onboard people and plan capabilities for the future
* Develop people: coach, define effective (70-20-10) development plan and identify talent, building the right capabilities for the team and for the organization long-term success.
* Drive and Inspire performance: empower and enable people, give and receive feedback, evaluate and differentiate performance, constantly challenge the set up to ensure its results and effectiveness
* Recognize achievements: give and receive recognition, reward performance
Share, implement and sustain the best commercial practices by working closely with core cross-functional groups such as Territory Managers, Technical Quality Management, Center of Excellence (call center), Distribution, Finance, HR, Trade Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.
* Cascade information in a timely manner to the team
* Identify, implement, sustain and share best practices (market/HQ)
* Challenge areas of improvement supported by concrete action plans
* Evaluate the need for new or improved tools and applications while ensuring maximum use/adoption of sales tools & programs
* Establish communication protocol and routine with all groups/teams
Adhere to all Company principles and policies including Nestlé trade policy, local Sales policy, local Trade
* Ensure that all company policies, procedures, business ethics and commercial B2B activities are communicated and implemented within the team
* Be accountable for the compliance of sales force with all policies, procedures and standards
Nespresso will provide you with:
Base Salary + Quarterly Bonus potential
Generous vacation/paid time off
Tuition reimbursement / Learning & Development opportunities
Ability to move between Nestle operating groups and international markets
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
5+ years of successful Sales Management and/or Key Account experience required, preferably in the hospitality/HORECA channel
2+ years’ Experience in managing, leading and developing employees
Proven skills as a change agent/entrepreneur, preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.