Nestle Nespresso USA is searching for an experienced, detail oriented Data Engineer to join the Nespresso Marketing team within our Nespresso USA Headquarters in New York, NY. This position will play a key role in collaborating with reporting teams, business areas, and technology teams to enhance the advanced analytics user experience at Nespresso USA. Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft BI suite, Azure Cloud Tools/Technologies, and familiarity with data mining techniques. This role will design and maintain technical infrastructure that meets Nespresso USA business requirements and follow system architecture best practices. They will need to ensure security of data by maintaining the integrity and performance of Nespresso data feeds and guaranteeing that data is stored securely and optimally. This position will work closely with the Manager of Marketing Analytics at Nespresso USA and counterparts on the Nestle GLOBE team.
* Partner with global data teams to build and maintain a localized, compliant, Azure-based datalake for Nespresso USA
* Translate business needs into detailed requirements for technical teams
* Take end-to-end responsibility for design, build, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines from a variety of data sources
* Acquire and synthesize the data from different external sources into usable and consistent format
* Create data models to enable reporting, advanced analytics, and marketing activation based on understanding of business needs
* Collaborate with analysts and other key stakeholders to bring models into production
* Build project timelines and project plans to manage key stakeholders and interim deadlines for on-time delivery
* Design, develop, Quality Assurance (QA) and maintain application code
* Provide thought-leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects
Benefits and Perks:
– Annual bonus
– Paid vacation time
– Transit assistance
– Seamless lunch allowance
– Tuition reimbursement program
– Free Machine and coffee allowance
– 401K savings match
– Full medical benefits
* Bachelor’s Degree required. Studies in Computer Science, Statistics or similar field preferred.
* 3+ years of experience in an data engineer (or similar) role
* Expertise working with structured data, applying methods, technologies and techniques that address data architecture, integration and governance of data. Additional experience working with and analyzing unstructured data (such as text analytics) preferred
* Experience in database concepts, data modelling; data integration including design and architecture
* Advanced knowledge of Azure and datalake builds
* Advanced skills and experience using SQL, Python, DAX, Java (JSON), and other query and programming languages
* Working knowledge of managing IaaS and SaaS systems
* Experience with Big Data technologies (BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
* Experience with BI and data visualization tools. Power BI experience preferred
* Experience with SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Dev Ops, and Visual Studio
* Knowledge of data mining and predictive modeling. Familiarity with machine learning, and/or natural language processing preferred
* Able to effectively manage competing & parallel project demands. Strong project management skills required.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.