Are you passionate about coffee? Do you care about sustainability and quality? At Nespresso we place people, coffee and sustainable living at the heart of what we do, inspiring an engaging and meaningful place to work. Nespresso is seeking a Public Relations Assistant Manager to develop and execute a Brand PR strategy that leverages earned media partnerships and programs to increase Nespresso USA’s positive media coverage, brand awareness and consideration in the market. As part of the Integrated Communications team, this role will work with leadership to ensure that the Brand PR plan seamlessly integrates into the brand’s broader strategy and business objectives. As Nespresso’s PR expert and owner, this person will collaborate with executive leadership and stakeholders to drive an effective PR strategy.
We pride ourselves on providing quality coffee, customer service, growth opportunities and a variety of benefits with perks. Join our growing team, a taste of something better awaits you!
Drive and implement the B2C Brand PR Strategy, as a key component of the Brand’s annual Operating Plan & Marketing calendar. This includes:
* Developing and executing an integrated PR strategy across all brand launches & newsworthy moments including Ad Campaigns, Sponsorships, Events, and Social Media Activations
* Providing communications mix guidance for campaigns and activations, with a specific focus on Public
Relations, Issues Preparedness and Earned Media opportunities
* Providing insight into US Paid Media plans and opportunities, especially in relation to publisher selection and added value opportunities that can further support PR objectives
* Building relationships with Lifestyle media, influencers and Key Opinion Leaders in partnership with the PR Agency of Record (AOR)
* Ensuring global PR communication materials are relevant in the US, and working proactively with HQ and PR AOR to develop localized communication formats as required
* Driving qualitative and quantitative improvements in editorial coverage in agreed mediums
Agency & Partner Management:
* Support the management of and day-to-day working relationship with the PR AOR, under the guidance of the Integrated Communications Manager, with the goal of building a strong working relationship and driving excellence of all deliverables.
* Serve as the internal PR expert by staying up to date on the PR and earned Media landscape, identifying new opportunities to evolve and enhance our strategy, and creating a learning agenda for PR/Earned Media that can be shared with the broader organization on a regular cadence.
Corporate Communications & Risk Management Support:
* Partner with PR agency to identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization including
external communication opportunities and solutions.
* Communications Materials: Set the strategy for, and edit and approve all media and key stakeholder external materials including press releases and media talking points. Role will include supporting the development of Executive Visibility opportunities, speaking engagements and relevant materials.
* Incident and Crisis Management: Collaborate with the PR AOR to lead issues preparedness projects and ensure we have documentation and clarity around roles, responsibilities and processes.
* Collaborate with PR leadership (in the US and HQ in Switzerland) to develop, implement, and manage
strategic communications plan on key issues, in line with corporate goals/business objectives.
Measurement & Reporting:
– Manage PR budget, providing recommendations on programming and spend levels based on overarching brand priorities and Integrated Communications planning.
– Evolve the company’s understanding of earned media via data-driven campaign assessments.
– Provide holistic reporting on PR activations and ROI to senior management.
Benefits and Perks:
– Annual bonus
– Paid vacation time
– Transit assistance
– Seamless lunch allowance
– Tuition reimbursement program
– Free Machine and coffee allowance
– 401K savings match
– Full medical benefits
* Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, and/or Business
* 5+ years PR experience required, preferably in a premium, lifestyle consumer goods environment (e.g. Cosmetics, Apparel and Accessories, Food & Beverage)
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.