Junior ChefApply Now
Nestlé Nespresso SA is the pioneer and reference for highest-quality portioned coffee. The company works with more than 70,000 farmers in 12 countries through its AAA Sustainable Quality™ Program to embed sustainability practices on farms and the surrounding landscapes. Launched in 2003 in collaboration with The Rainforest Alliance, the program helps to improve the yield and quality of harvests, ensuring a sustainable supply of high quality coffee and improving livelihoods of farmers and their communities.
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Nespresso operates in 69 countries and has more than 12,000 employees. In 2016, it operated a global retail network of more than 600 boutiques.
Come join our growing team, the taste of something better awaits you! Nespresso USA is seeking a Jr Chef to join our San Francisco Café!
• Ensure all food served at the Nespresso Bar is in line with the standards of presentation, quality and in accordance of all health code requirements at all times
• Receive, inspect, label, date and store food to maintain freshness and quality
• Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications set by Nespresso and catering supplier
• Consistently maintain the highest standards of quality and food flavors
• Ensure that daily/weekly catered food orders are submitted in a timely and accurate manner and that the forecast and order achieve the maximum efficiency and profitability possible
• Work with the Bar Manager to assist with elegant and creative menu planning and presentation
• Assist with training the staff on menu and product knowledge
• Other duties as directed inclusive of but not limited to serving, clearing and resetting tables as needed, bussing tables, dishwashing
• Report any unsafe or hazardous situation within the Kitchen to Management
• Maintain the highest standard of kitchen cleanliness while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills
• Ensure that Local Health Department Sanitation rules and regulations are consistently applied within the kitchen area
• Ensure that staff food training includes and accurate and comprehensive knowledge of ingredients and allergens to ensure servers and staff are prepared to answer questions regarding conflicts with dietary restrictions
• Act as an ambassador of the Nestle Nespresso brand in the Boutique and Bar
• Be able to answer any food or drink preparation questions
• Provide exceptional service to all customers
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Culinary school background preferred
• 2+ years Kitchen Experience preferred
• Valid food handling certificate
• Ability to work shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.