Are you passionate about Marketing Insights and Data? Do you care about sustainability and quality? At Nespresso we place people, coffee and sustainable living at the heart of what we do, inspiring an engaging and meaningful place to work.
We are seeking a Marketplace Insights Manager to join our Marketing team based in our NYC office. The role will focus on leading the development, delivery & integration of retailer & marketplace insights for both the Marketing & B2C groups, as well as the wider Nespresso US organization. This role proactively creates understanding related to the marketplace, key channels, and competition, but also delivers an independent voice on the meaning and value of key data points for the business.
A Day in the Life:
• Own marketplace understanding for the Nespresso organization – including share, trends & competitive activity
• Leverage key datasets – NPD, IRI, Stackline – to constantly keep the organization up to date on how the market is moving
• Work closely with the Marketing & B2C teams to deliver business relevant insights and recommendations to affect: pricing strategy, portfolio strategy, channel strategy & ley account strategy.
• Proactively work with cross-functional teams & senior leadership to identify knowledge gaps.
• Leverage all data sources (past consumer & shopper research, secondary data, CRM data, and digital tracking) to develop & share-out multisource insights syntheses
• Actively seek and mine additional and non-traditional resources for deeper insights covering coffee consumption, retail behavior, sustainability practices (both for consumers and other business
• Drive a holistic view of the coffee marketplace (including share reporting, competitive intelligence, knowledge of key accounts, as well as other sources)
• Utilize data tools to uncover insights not immediately obvious to the organization
• Partner with HQ to driven competitive insights throughout the organization.
• Leverage geographic level data – ESRII, Census, Competitive, & Direct Sales – to support understanding on the key Nespresso markets
• Be the internal expert for delivering a point of view on how competition is performing in key areas
Winning Skill Sets:
•BA required, preferably in Business/Marketing, Statistics, or Computer Science. MA preferred.
• 5 years of experience in marketplace and/or competitive analysis required ore related coursework.
• 2 years of delivering insights within an organization preferred
• Proven ability to connect dots across multiple data sources and to deliver a narrative which can drive strategic impact.
• Working knowledge of syndicated research sources (e.g., Mintel, Simmons, etc.) and POS / Panel data (i.e., either Nielsen or IRI) required
• Working knowledge of data analysis tools (SQL, SPSS, SAS) a plus
• Working knowledge of data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau) a plus