Demand Planning ManagerApply Now
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Nespresso operates in 69 countries and has more than 12,000 employees. In 2016, it operated a global retail network of more than 600 boutiques.
Nespresso USA is hiring a Demand Planning Manager who will implement and lead the Demand Planning process for the Coffee, Machines and Accessories categories in line with business expectations.
The Demand Planning Manager will:
• Lead a team of demand planners in order to optimize the end-to-end demand planning process and tools
• Set up a central demand planning model which aims at improving and strengthening the interactions between the demand planning teams, the commercial functions and CRM
• Manage and engage a team of skilled Demand Planners in order to continuously improve the quality of the demand signal
• Ensure continuous alignment with Business expectations while meeting the agreed levels of Supply Chain performance in the market
• Manage risk on Demand Planning side in terms of planning processes and systems
• Regular interactions with HQ functions to align on guidelines and priorities
• Lead change management across market to ensure understanding and commitment on compliance initiatives
• Effectively contribute to the S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) by active and constructive participation in the Monthly Business Planning (MBP) and Dynamic Forecast (DF) processes.
Manage Demand Planning Process for Coffee, Machines and Accessories:
• Ensure the E2E effectiveness of the Demand Planning Process with:
- Demand Planners sharing and validating consensus demand plans with executive leadership
- Demand Planning the baseline statistically and translating the Commercial Activity Plans into uplifts
- Demand Plan sign-off from the Market executive leadership via Demand Planners
- CRM and Finance to provide their volume projections
- Consolidation of the Market Demand plan for arbitrage and adjustment at HQ level
• Provide accurate volumes for Market DF/OP purposes
• Provide long-terms volumes for Market Capex planning
• Ensure a continuous improvement culture is developed and sustained
• Fully understands and implements NCE principles as a standard way of working
• Manage / Coach team for professional growth and ensure completion of PDP, including talent assessment
• Ensure follow-up of PDP (performance development plan) actions along year and maintain job success profiles
• Propose trainings and career development plans for direct reports
• Define succession plans in the team
• Ensure the right level of experience, skills and development opportunities in the market
• Plan workload and allocate resources, recruit people for open positions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.Preferred major in Commercial, Supply Chain,Finance (business planning/Dynamic forecasting) or Mathematics.
• Engineer or Master Degree level preferred.
• Strong negotiation skills, project and trade-offmanagement, including lead of the MBP process (S&OP) and negotiation withcommercial functions
• Five or more years of relevant operational experience atmarket /Business level in Demand & Supply Planning or Project Management inthe area of DSP.
• Successful project lead in Sales / Marketing, CustomerService, Supply Chain Development or Purchasing.
• Knowledge in product portfolio management (type ofdemand, seasonality, lifecycle status, shelf life)
• Computer literate (Excel and reporting tools such asCognos any Business Intelligence)
• Preliminary experience with a demand statistical tool isan asset (SAS, SAP/APO, etc.)
• Good knowledge of supply chain KPIs (demand plan accuracy,stock cover, stock availability, etc.)
• Strong analytical and statistical skills
The Nestlé Companiesare equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversityin qualified candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.