Senior Financial AnalystApply Now
Our story began over 25 years ago with a simple but revolutionary idea – to create the perfect cup of coffee. An industry pioneer, Nestlé Nespresso has become an international reference for the highest quality coffee and an iconic symbol of refined elegance. We are now in more than 50 countries and our team has grown well beyond 7,000 employees. We are part of Nestlé SA in Switzerland, the world's largest food company. Nespresso USA continues to drive momentum and innovation in our market segment, and in North America, we're just getting started. The taste of something better awaits you.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key business partner to Commercial Management departments (Marketing and Trade teams) and will provide financial and analytical support to the Generating Demand Finance Manager. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for monthly analysis of actuals and explanation of variances to previous the month actual, last year actual, operating plan (Budget) and dynamic forecast. The Senior Financial Analyst is also responsible for driving a robust pre and post evaluation of investments to ensure optimal allocation of budgets. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Generating Demand Finance Manager and the B2C Controller to ensure quality, integrity and reliability of all financial information.
Business Partner & Analysis:
• Be the Go-to person in Finance for all Marketing and Trade related inquiries, projects etc.
• Assist Commercial Management (Marketing and Trade Marketing teams), Generating Demand Finance Manager and B2C Market Controller with ad hoc analysis as needed
• Own and drive a robust "Pre and Post evaluation of investment" process to ensure optimal allocation of resources in the Marketing and Trade departments
• Work closely with the Trade teams to understand top-line sell-out and the optimal investment by Trade account.
• Be an active contributor to the Marketing Activity Calendar and Gap closing activities; proactively challenge and improve the overall marketing and commercial plans
• Prepare and manage monthly accrual process with relevant stakeholders ahead of closings
• Review closing results against Dynamic Forecasts and follow up on variances
• Assist the Generating Demand Finance Manager with budget control and analysis.
• Assist and train Budget owners to accurately manage their budget (forecasts, actual, phasing, reconciliation)
• Review budgets, identify and implement efficiencies and cost savings; engage the team to constantly review and challenge budget and spend levels
• Monitor accuracy in dynamic forecasts and reporting KPIs.
• Assist budget owners with questions and concerns
• Assist with all finance and sales related reporting to Nespresso Headquarters (HQ) in Switzerland. Ensure accounting principles, practices and procedures are adhered to
• Prepare and upload the annual budget and dynamic forecasts.
• Understand and interpret accounting concepts and principles.
• Present other ad hoc requirements for internal and external stakeholders.
• Comply with the Nestle/Nespresso guidelines across all aspects of the finance function
• Follow finance processes and policies required
• Ensure controls are adhered to and highlight any discrepancies. Complete control documentation as and when required before the deadlines
• Bachelors Degree Required, preferably in accounting or finance
• 5+ years of Financial Analysis experience required
• Prior experience with P&L variance analysis & budgeting required
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
• Accounting and Financial Reporting knowledge required
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Confidence to interact with and challenge Senior Management
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.